The Grass May Look Greener But Is It?

Thursday, June 21, 2018











We have all heard  or used the old adage "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Truly, if we are honest with ourselves, some will admit they have journeyed over to the other side and discovered this adage has some validity. However, some of us may have a had a vastly different experience.  If  you are blessed with your sight, being able to see your neighbor's lawn and making a comparison to your own yard as to which lawn is greener is a given.  While the landscape of a yard is not the meaning behind this adage it gives you a visual of the concept.  If you have not had this life's experience keep living because you will definitely find yourself in the position willing or unwilling the outcome is yours to decide.  

In a very transparent view of my life, I can remember during my first marriage thinking "I can't wait until I am out of here."  I had every right to feel this way given the circumstances however during my thoughts of "I can't wait until I am out of here", I remember of thinking how I would be able to do so many great things without having to deal with his madness.  Also, I was convinced that all my problems would vanish with the marriage.  Why, because the grass was greener on the other side or was it?  You see while I transitioned from one reality, my new reality came with weeds that if not properly maintained the landscape would eventually be the same as the one I left.  In life we have a tendency to water, maintain and plant flowers in the yards of others before we care for our own.  Yes, your neighbor's yard may be greener because he/she has put in the work to ensure the success of its appearance.  So before you decide to take a leap to the greener pasture make sure you have done everything to promote the success of your own yard.  Living life with no regrets is the best life.

2 comments

  1. Hello Dream Dreamer,
    What a great post! I believe we all have been in a Grass is Greener" situation in life.
    Very ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you for checking out my blog. The Grass is Greener season in our lives should be used as a time of reflecting and purging of self. The ultimate lesson during this season is realizing while the grass may be greener,if you are not ready or equipped physically,mentally or spiritually for the greener grass eventually it will turn brown.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams @dreamdreamerbyz

© Dream Dreamer . Design by FCD.