Estimated Time to Fruition - Undetermined But Not Impossible

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

We are introduced to the concept of time from the day we make our grand entrance into the world.  Time is and will forever be life's most valuable asset. Consider the following,  if you asked a woman who is pregnant or been pregnant about the birth or upcoming birth of their child more than likely her response would be "I'm six months pregnant " or I'm due on October 17 or " I was in labor 36  hours".  Yes, childbearing will give any mother or expectant mother a great perspective of time.  The loved one of a service member that is deployed will begin countdown to the time of his/her loved one anticipated homecoming.  In the eyes of a child, time is usually fueled by the anticipation of arrival to a destination ("Are We There Yet?"), freedom from "time -out" or the number of times he/she was scolded.  While the concept of time may be viewed differently for everyone, time is the invisible GPS to our dreams, goals and accomplishments.

I can remember being in high school dreaming about my future.  In my mind I had my life all figure out.  I would go to college major in Political Science, graduate in four years, get married, have two kids, be an entrepreneur with a successful company making 6 figures , living in a big city, own several real estate properties and my life would be perfect.  Well let's just say my life had other ideas and I did not take in account that I would run into detours, roadblocks, traffic jams, stalled vehicles, accidents and U-turns.  Immediately after graduation from high school, my GPS loss its signal and my dreams and goals seemed to have disappeared with the signal.  I felt as if none of the dreams that I had envisioned would ever come to pass.  The thought of never arriving to any of my planned destinations seemed inescapable.  I could see failure, unworthy, no good, not going to happen and I told you so standing arm in arm in the middle of the road refusing to let me pass and continue my journey to fruition. My initial reaction was to accept this as my fate. Fortunately, I learned to read a map and understand while technology is great our God is greater and I pulled out my faithful map, the bible. It pointed me to Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. It was then I realized my dreams and goals may not go exactly according to plan but fruition would be inevitable for the plans God has for me.

As I look at my vision board, I can admit I have dreams and goals that have resided on the board for years and after each birthday I say to myself I'm not getting any younger and destination appears nowhere in the immediate future.  Then I am reminded while the estimated time of fruition may be undetermined it is not impossible.  


27 comments

  1. I love this, it is so inspirational. It reminds us to never give up. We have to trust God for everything. God knows when we are truly ready for those dreams to come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do have to trust Him wholeheartedly and He knows when we are ready.

      Delete
  2. Wow I remember those dreams we make to ourselves and others and Now I realize how important time is. Its really not mine it belongs to God and Thank you for keeping it real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I time really belongs to God ....He is the keeper of everything.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is truly a great read. That last paragraph spoke to me. Nothing is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always keep that in the forefront nothing is impossible....just believe.

      Delete
  4. Our plans may not be God's plans. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis this is great. I so love your writting and perspectives on life. Your words mean so much. Please never stop writting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Z! Very good read. We all envision that perfect blueprint. I’ve come to realize it’s ok if the calculation is a bit off as long as you Believe and Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I have learned is there is no lost time with God! A delay is not a denial and instead of keeping those dreams on a shelf pick them up and dust them off! Keep dreaming big dreams sissy and as Joel 2:25 says God will restore to you years that which was taken away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delay is harsh to us or so we think. God gives us what we need when we need it. I finally understand it is not in my time but in God's time.

      Delete
  8. I love the post, you force me to look at some of my visions that I had placed on the back burner as I felt it was too late... it’s never to late to persue your dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be honest starting this blog is one of my dreams that I just thought it was too late. Trust me I have a few more and God is showing me. It's jis timing and not mines.

      Delete
  9. We are definitely seeing this in recent times. Look at people who are just seeing God’s timing in their lives...people like Tiffany Haddish or lesser known individuals like Anthony Ray Hinton. Mr. Hinton was imprisoned for close to 30 years for a crime he did not commit. These people kept the faith and did not give up no matter what the outlook. Each day we open our eyes is an opportunity for us. It’s an opportunity for God to bless us in ways we can’t imagine. Some of us may have given up on our dreams, but God never gives up on us. We just have to keep plugging along, praying our way through.
    It may have always been this way....people realizing their dreams or accomplishing their goals when the world has given up on them. Perhaps, I’m just noticing this because it has been on my mind lately...my goals, my purpose. I may have not achieved all the goals I set, but I know I can start over every day God blesses me to open my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes,we have been conditioned to rank our success by time. Success is as simple as being better than you were yesterday. Success requires one to have a positive outlook and be willing to help others along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was beautiful. We need to look to our future. Positive outlook for all of us. Continue to write. I love reading them. It’s up lifting for me. Thank you cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...yes we should look at life in a positive way. Obviously, it can be challenging but that is why we must fully trust God.

      Delete
  12. Cuz this is great. What we dream sometimes come true but it does come to a detour or a block in the road. We then have to have more faith in the Awesome one because He has never left us. We have to see what His plan is for us. Love reading this cuz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cuz, faith is essential in this journey called life.

      Delete
  13. I really enjoy read this. Lets me know to just keep pushing and I will reach my goals when God says it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Nothing beats a Failure but a Try" is what your Grandfather and my Father would often say.
    I still believe that for if you are not willing to fight to fulfill your dreams, who will?
    I am a dreamer as well and I refuse to give in to self pity, doubt or fear since those things come from the enemy and not our God.
    Dream On!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still stand true. I always live by this philosophy.

      Delete

Latest Instagrams @dreamdreamerbyz

© Dream Dreamer . Design by FCD.