The Bounce Back - Defeating My Defeat!

Tuesday, August 7, 2018




 



The anticipation was at all-time high; it had been over a week since I walked into the conference room and gave the performance of my life.  Along with my prayer circle, I had been praying, believing and trusting God for this opportunity. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, the job was mine.  Then the phone call came and I was left emotionless. The caller said, "You had a phenomenal interview and it's obvious we would be extremely fortunate to have you on our team; however we have decided to go into a different direction."  Frozen as if I had a broken record playing over and over again, the words were very familiar and I was paralyzed.  Unable to speak, when the caller hung up, the dial tone was the melody playing in my ear, my thoughts were racing and the levee was breaking that held my tears captive.  How was I going to bounce back and defeat my defeat?


Being defeated or disappointed occur in various forms for each of us. For some, it's a missed opportunity, failed friendship or relationship, broken promise or loss of a loved one. In those times we begin to feel as if we are carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders. It is during these times we begin to question the hard work that we may have put into a relationship or friendship, career or a project. Oftentimes, when we are feeling defeated our initial response is of a negative connotation.  Immediately, the pity party begins and we are our own guest. Then our negative expression become inviting to those around us.  We then breathe life into “misery loves company”. A pity party last as long as, you the guest of honor and the host continue to give it life. The same energy used for a pity party should serve notice to the defeated emotion and ignite a new outlook on the situation.


In some instances, we have every right to be disappointed because something was intentionally done to work against us. I am a firm believer in karma as well as what is for me is for me.  Hence, while I may have thought the job I was turned down for, the relationship/friendship that ended or the missed opportunity was deflating to say the least; I get pure joy when a better suited job, relationship/friendship or opportunity is presented.   We must understand that it is a test to see what we have learned in previous life lessons as well as preparation for future lessons. When this concept is mastered then our bounce back is inevitable.



10 comments

  1. Oh my yes...a test! You make folks re think.... awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! A test that we can past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. What GOD has for you is only you regardless of when or how you arrive to the party

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely hit the nail on the head. It is like the grieving process...I go through a myriad of emotions before I get to acceptance. I should just thank God and keep it moving when there is defeat in a situation but I have to keep working at it. God has to keep working on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do...when I was writing this I stopped briefly and began to just thank God for loving me even when I doubted him. We are all a work in progress.

      Delete
  5. This is something so many of us can relate to. In the moment its hard to understand that God is either testimg us or preparing us for somethng beter to come. Thats when we really have walk i faith and be ready for that bounce back becuse you know its coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially, we all probably want to just say to God...."Just Chill" on all these tests and lessons and in that moment He says "not today because I love you more."

      Delete
  6. We have to trust HIS process.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams @dreamdreamerbyz

© Dream Dreamer . Design by FCD.